Applying fresh passport in tamilnadu(Its common procedure in all over india) is very easy now if you have all required documents.
Steps to apply online(Normal or tatkaal)(Preffered)
1. First enter into Passport Seva Portal Website Click Here
2. Then click Download e-Form in User Assistance Part.
3. There you can see two e-forms.One is for fresh or reissue of passport and another one is for Police Clearance Certificate.
4. Click on fresh or reissue e-form.When you click that link you will be asked to download Passport Application Form.
5. Then fill up the application form in offline.E-form will be in PDF format. Use latest version of Acrobat Reader (9 or above).
6. Once you filled the application form check all the details in the application form filled correctly then click validate & save button.Then XML file will be created and system will ask you to store this xml so you save this file in your system. This XML file will be used in future to upload the application.
7. Use this link to see the documents needed for fresh passport.Click here. There you have to select option like NORMAL OR TATKAAL. Select the all options that suits your needs and then see the documents that you have to apply fresh passport.
8. Then Click on Fee Calculator (Left side under passport services heading) to check fee details.
9. Next step registering in pass port seva portal. Register in passport seva portal.Then login into site
where you can see Upload e-form link in Services part.
10. Upload XML file(Application form) we just created before by selecting that file in upload page.
If any field is wrong in the application form means error messages will be shown for you. Track that error message and edit that application form(PDF file not XML file). Then again Click validate & save button. New XML file will be created.
11. Again upload newly created XML file.If all fields in application form is correct you will get successfully submitted message.And also you will get ARN(Application Reference Number). Note that number. ARN is unique number for your application.
12. Then Click view saved/submitted application(under the heading of Services).Next select the ARN for submitted application and then click Manage Appointment option. There you select place like Chennai,Mumbai and Passport Seva kendra Center(That is passport center) which is nearest to your residence.
13. Then create the appointment. After that all the free slots availability will be shown there you can select date & time to walk-in to Passport Seva Kendra Center. Major issue is we can only get appointment after 4PM only (Monday to Friday). Another hard thing is appointment will be closed within 5mins that is 4pm to 4.05pm.
14. So you login before 3.30pm and wait for 4pm.(It is up to you to get appointment).If you do not get appointment wait for next day. Appointment will be given after 15days only.
15. Once you get appointment Print Application receipt and walk-in to the Pass Seva Kendra Center where you got appointment on the appointment Date.
16. Take all the original documents and self attested photo copies of it.No need to take passport size photos if you walk-in to PSK because they will take photos there itself.But below 4 year age should take passport size photo with white background.( For the safer side all take 4 copies of passport size photos with white background but not required)
17. You must go with Printed copy of Application receipt.Give it security officers they will guide you all from that moment.
1. If you did any wrong in filling application form like spelling mistake in NAME,ADDRESS you can tell to Passport officers in Passport seva kendra(PSK) center.In PSK they will ask you to confirm all the details in your filled application form. If you want to edit then you tell changes to them and confirm.( Dont disturb them by asking this changes surely they will ask you to confirm the details that time you can tell to them).
2. To Apply through District Passport Cell (DPC) Click Here for the details.(Apply in person)
3. All Should get appointment to walk-in to PSK. Only emergency and medical cases will be allowed without appointment.
4. If you have any doubts you can call to this number 1800-258-1800 (Toll Free).
Hope this post will be useful.